September Goals

Ok, I've been watching way too much TV lately and vegging just too much. At first I blamed it on being tired from not eating enough. However, I think that is over now. I'm feeling a bit better and can get out and do stuff. So I need to set some goals for myself for the month of September. To stick to the goals, I will talk about them every Friday in this blog and show my progress.

September Goals
1. I want to lose 2 pounds a week - This one is very obvious but maybe writing it down will make it more real.

2. Bike to work once a week for the month.- I've been doing this most of the summer. I shouldn't stop now just cause it's a little colder. I just need to get enough food in my system before I leave.

3. Stick to the diet everyday - At first I wrote 80% of the days, then 90% of the days but I can stick to the diet 100% of the time. Just going to set my mind to it.

4.Exercise 5 days a week - Doesn't matter what kind of exercise. I might play wii, walk, a short bike ride, or weight lifting. Anything I do will be for at least 30 minutes. I just need to be more active than I have been.

5. Upload a photograph for every day of the week with a max of 5 on any day. Doesn't matter where I upload it to. It could be here or flickr or facebook but I have to take it with my good camera not my iphone. - My photography has really been lagging and if I"m going to get good at this I need to be committed to it.

6. Do something productive each week. - I have a whole list of things I would like to get done and cleaning house does not count.


1 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon September 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

You're smart to lay out such a wide range of short-term goals to help you stay focused on the task at hand. I see a lot of folks just go "I wanna lose 150 lbs" and quickly get discouraged because it doesn't come off fast enough.

My experience is that if you do the right things... eat less, exercise more... the weight comes off. There's a lot to add to the mix, but two things are what makes the scale hoot and holler.

Blogging regularly can provide you a sense of accountability and a resource to find support and encouragement that will definitely aid you on your quest.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but if I'm gonnna be the first comment on here, I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth.

Good luck on the journey!

Post a Comment