Julie/Julia

I just got home from watching the movie Julie/Julia. I'd like to start out by saying what a good movie. It made me laugh and it was sincere. Second, I wonder how many people start blogs after seeing that movie. How many of them do it so that it turns into a book deal? That isn't why I write this blog. This blog is more for support during my weight loss. Plus I don't feel so alone in the world when I write about what I'm going though.

Anyways, It got me thinking about this idea I had the other day. When I signed up at slim4life I bought a cookbook. The cookbook has some simple recipes in it that are good on your weight loss. I thought, wouldn't it be cool to make all the recipes and put pictures of my creation on here. (BTW, I love food photography and photography in general). So I came home and counted the recipes. I think there are 450 in the book. Way too much for me to make in the time I will be on this diet. Plus I'm kind of a picky eater and don't want to eat everything in this cook book. For example, Breaded Calf Liver..no thanks.

So how about this, I will take a photo of everything I make in this cookbook and describe how it tastes. This will be great practice for my food photography because I have a feeling it will take some work to make this food look good. Maybe at the end I will give the photos back to the center so that they can sell the book better. Who knows..;)

I'm very excited about this new project. Going to bed and read about what I will make this week for my first week on the actual plan. Tomorrow is my weigh in and then after that I go grocery shopping for the week.

BTW, I stuck to the detox diet all day today. I really could have used some chocolate at the movie theater today. There were so many times I wanted to go off the diet. However, I just kept telling myself, "trust in the process".

0 comments:

Post a Comment